Friday, 20 October 2017

Tardis Anna Dress

Thank you for all the love for The Coat, the weather hasn't been cold enough to wear it, but I've no doubt that will change soon.


As mentioned in The Coat post, I made it while watching Doctor Who.  I'd stopped watching Doctor Who after David Tennant, because that last episode nearly finished me - and all I can say is "what an idiot was I?"!!  It turns out I am stupidly excited about Jodie Whittaker being the new Doctor, so I've watched all of Matt Smith, and one and a bit series of Peter Capaldi.


And I don't know why, maybe winter coat making madness, but I decided I needed a Doctor Who themed dress.  A bit of googling found this fabulous exploding Tardis fabric, which is based on a Vincent Van Gogh painting from an episode called "The Pandorica Opens".


And, really, what's not to love about a dress with exploding Tardis's on it!  The dress itself is the good old By Hand London Anna bodice, which is perfect for not breaking up a print, with a gathered skirt.  And after making The Coat, it felt like this dress took about 5 minutes to sew!  (It was really a day and a bit).


Turns out Doctor Who is also good for sewing inspiration, as Clara has some lovely dresses that have caught my eye. 


Have a great weekend!

Lynne

8 comments:

  1. Exploding Tardis! Exactly...what is not to love! This dress is such a great fit and shape on you and I love your styling with the suede boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! I've made some many Annas I think I could do it in my sleep. I just happened to have those boots on when I was changing into my dress, and I thought they looked ok together. Also, they actually fit my little feet!

      Delete
  2. Looks fantastic, love that print. I haven't tried Anna with a gathered skirt, but I think I want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colette! I think this is my second Anna/gathered skirt combo, or maybe the third? Can't remember!

      Delete
  3. All your beautiful dresses makes me wish that I wore dresses. I think I have one somewhere in my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! I love dresses because I don't have to think of something that goes with it!!

      Delete
  4. I've made and loved the Anna dress but it's even better with a TARDIS print!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roisin! Annas' and Tardis' for the win!!

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.