Sunday, 18 December 2016

Black and White Polka Dot Convertible Collar Shirt Dress

My love of the convertible collar continues with this dress.  

 

The fabric is some polka dot cotton sateen from Minerva Crafts that I had orginally bought to make a dress with a pencil skirt, but the buttons inspired me to make a shirtdress.


Said buttons are from Sew N Sew in Belfast.  I can't remember how much they were, but they would have been cheap as chips.  I spotted them (see what I did there!), and thought they would go well with this fabric. 
 


The bodice is self-drafted with princess seams on the front and darts at the back; the skirt is my good old half circle skirt.  I love how the dots line up down the centre back, especially at the collar.  That was absolutely not planned!!


And pockets - of course!


There's not much more to say about it other than I love this style of collar, and have already made another tartan dress with a convertible collar.  I'm so predictable!!


Hope your christmas has plenty of sewing in it,

Lynne 

 

18 comments:

  1. Another beauty Lynne. Those buttons are perfect with the fabric. I wish I wore dresses seeing all of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love these buttons, and will be hanging on to them when the dress wears out.

      Delete
  2. You have absolutely cracked your style. Great sewing, love the collar, and the princess seams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

      Delete
  3. Great dress Lynne - those buttons did really need to be combined with this fabric, good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Didn't they?! They were made for each other.

      Delete
  4. That is a perfectly fitting dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fab dress, fits you perfectly and I love the style of collar too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm seriously going to have to step away from the convertible collars soon!

      Delete
  6. Your style and you're happy in it, and you look great too. Your hair really suits you too. Can't beat a polka...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to say that I do like my hair this short - never thought that would happen! Also, I feel like going a bit lighter...

      Delete
  7. I am loving my shirt dresses the most at the moment and seeing this just makes me think I must make some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying not to make so many shirtdresses, but they're just so tempting!

      Delete
  8. I love this dress, the buttons are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.