Saturday, 19 November 2016

The Fold Line - Tribe Patterns: Design your own pattern competition - I won!!

Friends, you could have knocked me down with a feather yesterday when Rachel and Kate from The Fold Line emailed me to say that I had won their pattern design competition!  Then they put it on their Instagram feed and my Instagram feed went bananas!!
 



Thank you so much to everybody for taking the time to vote for me, I appreciate it more than I could ever say.  And thank you also for all the lovely messages on Instagram.

I really didn't expect to win as the other two entries were brilliant.  The coat was such a classic and wearable design, and the shaping the bodice of the other dress was so cleverly done; I loved it.  Rachel and Kate will start the process of creating the pattern in the new year, and I shall let you know when it will be realised.

 

Normal blogging service shall resume when I have calmed down!!  And thank you once again for your support.  It's been said before, but I shall say it again - Sewists are the nicest people!!

Have a brilliant weekend,

Lynne x   

24 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on the win, you earned it 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you won! You totally deserve it, and also I really wanted to make that dress :) Can't wait for the release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad so many people liked the design.

      Delete
  3. Great news! Well done Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I can now say that I know a designer!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! You certainly can! I was "plotting" my own pattern range on Saturday night, but there may have been cocktails involved in it...

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!!! Love the dress design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, I'm so glad that you won, your dress is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I can't wait for this to be released, I love the proportions and the sleeves are gorgeous. I used to have an old tunic from my mum that was very similar to this in the sleeves and bodice, but instead of going into a skirt it had elongated straight-cut shirt panels down to just above the knee. Wish I still had it, it was so bohemian (but several sizes too small for my adult body). I'll definitely try and recreate it when this comes out xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That tunic sounds brilliant! My mum had loads of 60s mini dresses, and my sister and I are affronted that she didn't keep them for us!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! You clever clogs you! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how exciting! It's a lovely design ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Lynne! I'm always impressed by your pattern making skills, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, it's amazing and I love it. Roll on 2017 so it can drafted up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations; well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very belated congratulations, Lynne! This is amazing! (I totally missed this at the time - just catching up on blog reading!)
    Very well deserved, can't wait to see the final pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.