Tuesday, 25 November 2014

The world's fastest sock

I cast on this sock on Friday night, and finished it last night!  I have never knit a sock so quickly, nor did I think it was possible.  According to Ravelry I last knit socks this time last year, which was far too long ago.  The photos are rubbish by the way, such is life in the winter, and I couldn't wait to the weekend.


I used my usual toe-up sock pattern, and the cuff pattern is from a pattern in Let's Knit magazine from July 2010.  It was from a cuff-down sock pattern called Skylar, and I really liked the look of the stitch pattern.  Sadly I can't find the pattern on Ravelry, so can't post a link.  My yarn is Regia Design Line, which I haven't used before and think it's lovely.


 

Most of this got done while I was watching the F1 qualifing and race on Saturday and Sunday, and also when I was watching Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire on Saturday night.  The new F1 season doesn't start until next March, so it will be interesting to see when the second sock is finished!
 
Lynne

11 comments:

  1. Gosh I wish I would be such a fast knitter - I'm don't think I will get my sisters Christmas present (mittens) done in time, the sock looks great and fingers crossed something else will crop up on TV so you have time to knit the second one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I never thought that I was a fast knitter, but I do have little feet! Good luck with the mittens.

      Delete
  2. Pretty sock! I'm working on socks, too - both of my boyfriend's daughters asked if I would knit them some for Christmas. I like socks - they're quick and cozy.
    Harry Potter! If it's on, I'm watching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck with the socks. You're very kind to knit two pairs of socks as presents. And what's not to love about Harry Potter?!

      Delete
  3. Lovely. I'm so jealous of your knitting skills - I really wish I could knit!
    Have you ever been to Lighthouse Yarns in Whitehead? It's next to a fab gift shop called the Bank House. LY have loads of really lovely looking yarns/wools (I don't know the correct terminology! lol) and I swoon over them every time I'm in and wish I could knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't been in Lighthouse Yarns, but I found out about it on Ravelry. I did go to Craftswoman Fabrics two weeks ago, and it was brilliant! I can't believe it took me so long to go, and I went a bit daft and bought a good bit of fabric. If you ever fancied learning to knit, I think The Textile Studio at Ballyhackamore do knitting classes. I remember seeing something about it on their website when it first opened, but I haven't actually been in the shop!

      Delete
  4. Yay for quick sock knitting! You'll be able to rustle up its partner in no time! I have used that Regia yarn before and I agree, it is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Socks have always seemed like such a time-consuming project to me, so I was amazed that this went so quickly. And I have a feeling that I bought the Regia yarn because I saw it on your blog, and I liked it!

      Delete
  5. Great sock! I didn't believe until now that it is possible to make a sock so fast. Maybe I will have to give knitting a second chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't believe it either! You should definately give knitting another go.

      Delete
  6. You're fast! Those are going to be some warm socks. I'm currently knitting 2 at a time socks with 2.25mm needles and it seems I'll never finish them.

    I totally understand your problems with winter light. Hopefully soon days will start to grow again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.