Monday, 25 August 2014

Blog Hop

You may have seen the Blog Hop on some of the blogs, and Louise from Thread Carefully very kindly nominated me to take part!  I love reading Louise's blog, she makes gorgeous dresses that I would love to pinch, but it wouldn't do me any good because she's so much taller than me!  

What's a blog hop?  Amy from Almond Rock describes it as a blogging conga line, which I love the sound of!   One blogger answers four questions, then nominates two bloggers to do the same.  I have nominated Claire from I Want To Be A Turtle, and Lara from Dreaming of Avonlea.  
 


So here are my answers:


Why do I write? 

I love reading other blogs, at tea break and lunchtime I'm the person in work with my phone stuck to my hand reading and commenting on blogs on Bloglovin'.  I thought that since I enjoyed reading other blogs, maybe somebody out there might be interested in reading mine.

I enjoy the process of documenting my makes, and tend to use my blog as a reference for myself on how I fixed a certain issue, or changes that I made on a pattern.

I also love the crafting blog community.  I know it's been said before, but everybody is just so friendly and helpful.  It really does restore my faith in the human race!   If I'm having a problem with a techique, I know I can just google it, and somebody out there will have had the same issue, and posted a solution.  It's lovely to meet so many people who share the same interests as me, and make some on-line friends.  I yet to meet any bloggers in person though.



What am I working on?

I try not to have too many projects on the go at once, because I just find that overwhelming.  I usually have one knitting and one sewing project that I'm working on.  My current knitting project is a baby cardigan for my friend who is pregnant.  My sewing project is the pyjama bottoms from Love At First Stitch, but I am also working on a pattern drafting class from Craftsy. 
  

How does it differ from others of its genre?

Honestly, I don't think my blog differs much from other crafting blogs.  I would love to be able to design a beautiful blog, but I just don't know enough about it to know where to start.  I know I could learn, but that would take up valuable crafting time!  In fact, I am constantly astonished that my blog actually works; I don't have a good track record with technology - I managed to break a photocopier and a sat nav cable in work last week.  Eep!


How does my writing process work?

It usually starts when I finish whatever make I've been working on.  I'll find myself composing paragraphs in my head but don't ever write them down, so I will start a post and jot down heading or a sentence about certain things I want to talk about.  I won't always write the whole post straight away, but I find it really helps to have those heading saved so I can remember what I want to say!

I generally tend to be a week or two behind on my blog, so a make can have been finished for a while before I blog about it.  It can be difficult to get the photos taken for a post due to our not so great British weather!  Although I can't complain this summer, the weather has been lovely.  

I will sometimes write two or three posts at a time, but it might not be the whole post in one go.  I try to devote a couple of hours to writing, because I find that's works better for me that short bursts of writing. 

 

I hope you enjoyed my stop on the blog hop, and thank you to Louise for nominating me.  Don't forget to check out Claire and Lara's posts next Monday.

Have a great week,

Lynne

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks Lynne, I enjoyed reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination. I loved reading your answers and will get thinking about mine asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'll look forward to reading your post.

      Delete
  3. Found it! I loved reading your answers! I'm like you in that I'm always writing bits of posts - sometimes when I've just finished making something I feel I've got to "get it out" and write down key points straight away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only person that does this! If I don't write something when I think of it, it will fall out of my head!

      Delete
  4. Great post! We seem to share a lot in common, I don't like to have too many things on the go either but usually have a sewing and a knitting project going at the same time. And I like that you're astonished your blog actually works - me too! I'm following you on feedly, I can't seem to get to grips with Bloglovin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love how you're constantly astonished that your blog works - me too! I'm following you on feedly, can't quite get the hang of Bloglovin' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I use Bloglovin because I can't get the hang of Feedly at all! Isn't it funny how different things work for different people?

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.