Two posts in three days! What's that about? Well, I'll tell you...
I finished a third Sew Dolly Clackett dress. Like the second one, I hadn't planned for this to be an entry, but last night it was all finished except for the hem, and when I tried it on, I though it had Dolly Clackett stamped all over it. I couldn't wait to get home from work today to hem it, get some photos taken and get them onto the Flickr group, because the competition closes tonight.
The pattern is Elisalex from By Hand London. This is my third version (the other two are here and here).
|It was a bit breezy when I was taking my photos!|
I'm calling this the Lucky Elisalex because I think the print looks like four-leaf clovers, and also it came together without a hitch. The fabric is some African Wax cotton that I bought on here on ebay for £4.99 about two weeks' ago. I thought the stiffer wax cotton would be good for the shape of the skirt, and it turned out I was right!
I underlined the bodice with some cotton lawn and the skirt with some polycotton, and used bias tape as the facing. I also added pockets using the pocket pattern pieces from good old Simplicity 2444. I fully expected them to make the skirt sit strangely, and that I would have to cut them out, but they are great!
I've really enjoyed taking part in this sewing challenge, and I've loved seeing all the entries on the Flickr group; there is so much inspiration and new blogs to follow! Good luck to everybody who has entered; and more importantly, good luck to Roisin and Nic for their up-coming wedding!