If it seems like I've been very productive of late, it's because of a combination of the Christmas holidays, and the week's leave I had to take before the end of January. Normal reserve will resume...
Here's the last of the holiday makes. It's the Deer and Doe Airelle Blouse. And guess what? I didn't make a toile!! I know!! My Deer and Doe Belladone dress fitted so well (especially at the back), and this blouse is loose fitting, so I decided to throw caution to the wind.
I'm delighted with how it fits, especially the back. There's not a sway back in sight. On the next one (because there will be more), I will do a slight full bust adjustment - I'm thinking 2 cm overall. There are some drag lines just above the bust, you can see them in the collage photo at the bottom - the top right photo shows it best. But I can live with it on this one.
The fabric is some poly stuff from Sew N Sew in Belfast. I used this for my Darling Ranges dress, and the same fabric in a different colour for my first Mathilde Blouse.
I love the collar and yoke. The collar style is called a Chelsea collar on the pattern, I haven't come across this before. I added some white piping to the front and back of the yoke and the edge of the collar. It wasn't as tricky as I thought it would be to pipe the corners of the front of the collar. I just sewed it slowly, and it was grand.
There are no shoulder seams, the yoke comes over the shoulders and attaches at the front of the bodice. I hadn't made anything with this before, and I really like how it looks.
I thought the piping on the collar edge might be a bit much with the piping on the yoke, but I like how it looks.
I love the billowy sleeves and little cuffs.
This was easy enough to make, but as with Belladone, I found the instructions to be a bit scant. But I love this blouse, and have been wearing it with my jeans. I intend to make another one to go with my many purple skirts.
Have a great week!