Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Just The Ticket - Simplicity 2444 No2

I loved my first Simplicity 2444 so much, I've made a second one! 
 
 
The fabric is from M is for Make, is called Admit One In Parchment, and is £3.00 per quarter metre.  I was browsing the fabric websites, and came across it, so I bought 2.5 metres.  It's lovely fabric, and perfect for a dress.  Below is a close-up:


 
I made a few alterations, as mentioned in the post about my first version.  I took the outside waist darts in by 2cm each, and pinched the extra fabric out at the front and back neck at the shoulders. 
 
 
And there really isn't much more to say about it, other that I love it! 


So instead I shall talk about my lovely cousin Jenny.  Jenny is the member of my family who actually has real live qualifications in fashion design - unlike me who just wings it with tutorials on the internet!  Recently she has started making and selling bridal and evening wear head pieces and accessories.  Her Etsy shop is called ForEvelynDesign, and here is a link.  There is also a permanent link over on the right.  Below are a few items that are currently for sale, and she also does bespoke items.
 

 
And I am guessing that everybody has seen the new Hawthorn dress from Colette Patterns?  My download copy is printing as I type...
 
Lynne

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress, great fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous dress! Your cousin is very talented too. Obviously there's something in the genes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Lynne :) That fabric is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress and such lovely colours too. Nice twist on conventional stripes too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute cute!! The colours in the wonderful fabric really suit you! I've just made the bodice of s2444 and have to say its rather lovely, isn't it. I can see why you're on your second!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always manage to find such lovely fabrics!! Another great dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fabric is awesome! Good job on the dress :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to pop over and see your dress - lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.