Monday, 12 November 2012

FO: Sewaholic Alma Blouse No3


Can you tell I like this pattern?!  I finished this at the end of last week.  What can I say about this pattern that I haven't said already here and here?  I just love the capped sleeves and the Peter Pan Collar!
 
 
I'd no problems with this at all, and it came together very smoothly.  Sadly I can't remember all the details about the fabric.  I bought it in Sew N Sew in Belfast, I think it's viscose, and it was about £3.99 a metre.  I really am going to have to start writing stuff like this down when I buy fabric.  It least when you buy fabric on the internet, you can go back and look it up.

Peter Pan Collar...
 
 
Capped Sleeves... :)
The only new thing I did was to shorten the zip.  I couldn't get a black 12 inch invisible zip, and I can't remember what length of zip I used in my other two tops.  So I shortened a longer zip using a tip in the Craftsy Sewing Studio Course.  I can recommend this class to all new sewists, I have learnt a lot from it.


Here's a not-very-good photo of me wearing it, which I took about 40 minutes ago.  I'm wearing it with my first Victory Patterns Madeleine Skirt.  I love this skirt, and wear it a lot.  The only problem is that the waistband could do with a bit more stability in it.  Today I finally realised why.  The fabric is very drapey, so I underlined it, which worked a treat.  Unfortunately I didn't think to underline the waistband, and just put some interfacing in it.  So I am going to have a ponder as to what to do with it.  I'm thinking of handstitching a band of interfaced fabric inside the waistband.  Perhaps I should google it...

And, thank you all very much for the lovely comments on my skirt, they made my day!
 
Have a great week!
 
Lynne

5 comments:

  1. You're a one woman clothes production machine at the moment Lynne! Another fabulous top and I too love the cap sleeves and peter pan collar :) With regards to your fabric details, I read somewhere recently of someone who has a scrap book and everytime she buys a new piece of fabric she cuts a little corner out, sticks it in the book and writes fabric maker/line/place of purchase etc etc. I really like the idea but fear that for me it would just become another admin thing that I'd fall behind on!!! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever with your sewing :) I've been putting off shortening a pair of curtains (but have promised myself I'll do it by Christmas) because I haven't used my sewing machine in so long I'm a bit scared of cutting off the top tape, lopping off a few inches and sewing a new tape in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute top :) I love Sewaholic patterns! I've never made the Alma but it's adorable. Great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I like this. Don't worry too much about knowing what you are sewing with :-) turned out great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne, this is such a cute blouse .... I must say that I see what you make & I like your styling & fabric choices. The cap sleeves are adorable. I think I'm coming around to the Alma - it's on my Christmas wishlist, but I doubt any of my boys will be brave enough to buy ....!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.