Sunday, 2 September 2012

FO: Breiwick Beret

Yep, another beret!  This one is called Breiwick, by The Shetland Trader.  I used one and a quarter balls of Twilleys of Stamford Freedom Spirit DK for it, sadly I can't remember what the colour is called. 
 

The above photo is closest to the real colour.  Below you can see the pattern a bit better.  It's just simple two stitch cables.
 

It's very well written, and easy to follow.  I had no problems with it at all, and I do like how it's turned out!


I'd been thinking about things to put on my Smoothie Hats, and came across these Teeny Tiny Flowers on Attic24's blog.  So I made four of them, and they are indeed teeny tiny!  I put a 10p coin beside them  for scale in this photo.  I used what was left of some DK, and a 3mm crochet hook.  They're really easy to make, and I think they look quite snazzy on this little hat!


And I've also made a start on a scarf for the winter.  The yarn is Manos Del Uruguay Silk Blend DK that I bought in I Knit in February, the colour is called Capricorn.  I had wanted to make a brioche stitch scarf with it.  I re-jigged the Fourteen Neckwarmer pattern (Ravelry link).  I cast-on 36 stitches on 4.5mm needles, and knit 4 rows, then I started on the brioche stitch.   The yarn is gorgeous, and it's easy to remember the pattern, so this is now TV knitting.
 

For anybody interested in giving the brioche stitch a go, here is a link to a how-to I did on one of my Smoothie Hat patterns - it's at the bottom of the page.  I really like how this stitch looks, and it makes a nice ribbed pattern.  It's also easy once you get the hang of it.
 
Have a great week!
 
Lynne :)

3 comments:

  1. Great beret, I must get on with knitting one for me ready for the winter. Seeing your little hats has reminded me that I ought to make a few. I have lots of oddments of yarn. Those little crochet flowers are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the most fabulous collection of hats Lynne!!!! And the scarf looks like it will be toasty warm! You must be looking forward to autumn/winter?! Love the teeny tiny little flowers on your hats :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.