Wednesday, 2 May 2012

FO: Sidewalk Shawl

My Sidewalk Shawl is finished, and it's rather lovely, even if I say so myself!





It turned out pretty big when I blocked it though!!  It's 88 inches wide and 33 inches long.  I made the fringes 20 inches long instead of 30. 

I tried putting it on the table to block it, but the table wasn't big enough!  So it had to go on the floor.  Below is Luke Spookling supervising proceedings.


Here's a close-up of the pineapple pattern.


And this is the cast-off edging.


It is now my TV knitting shawl/TV blanket.  It's a shawket, or a blankawl!!  But mostly it's brill!! :)

And here are my next four smoothie hats.


Lynne

8 comments:

  1. Oh Lynne that's gorgeous! You obviously need a bigger long term project though ;) ?! Am not surprised that you're happy with yourself, it looks so snuggly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, that's fantastic :D

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous Lynne, I am in awe of your mad crochet skills ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, it's fab!!! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shawl is simple stunning! I ♥LOVE♥ it! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just so beautiful Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really lovely, I admire anyone who can follow a crochet pattern other than Granny squares!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful & HUGE shawl - what an accomplishment & how wonderful to have something to snuggle up in that is so pretty & made by you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.