Sunday, 20 May 2012

FO: All Seasons Cardi No2

Firstly I have to thank you for the comments and suggestions about the Short-Row Heels for my socks.  I have come to the conclusion that this is not the heel for me (and plenty of others too!).  It has been frogged, and I've started started an ordinary heel flap heel.

As promised, here is my second All Seasons Cardi (it's the fifth one down).  I really love it!  The yarn is gorgeous, it's Fyberspates Scrumptious 4ply Sport - 45% silk, 55% merino.  I can't tell you how lovely this is to work with.  I used about 1 1/2 skeins, which I bought in I knit in February.


The only mod I made was to shorten it a bit by working 4 instead of 6 stocking stitch rows before the Front Ties, and work 4 instead of 8 stocking stitch rows before the 4 garter stitch rows at the end.


I used a UK Treble crochet stitch for the edging - above is the inside of the back of the neck, below is a sleeve.


Unlike No1, I did do the garter stitch on the body, and it doesn't curl!  Yey!!


I wore it to work on Friday with my purple Ginger skirt.


I've just realised I didn't post any blocked and properly finished photos of the first one.


It's looking a bit crumpled because it's been getting plenty of wear.  I can definately see me making more of these!

Have a great week,

Lynne

6 comments:

  1. That's a really lovely pattern Lynne. Think I might need to go and look it up. They are both such pretty colours too. I've used Fyberspates yarn a couple of times and I agree with you, they are gorgeous to work with. Have a good week!Ros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh Lynne - that's lovely! Might have to go and look the pattern up as I've just been gifted some Kaffe Fasset Kid Silk (lucky me, I know!) and think this could be a match made in heaven (and looks a reasonably quick knit which is always a bonus!). Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely and goes really well with your skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the purple cardigan. It looks like it will be very versatile too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm off to buy the pattern! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.