Sunday, 4 March 2012

Angostura WIP and Smoothie Hats

I don't have anything too exciting to show just now, but I suppose that's the way it is with knitting sometimes.  This week I have been working on my second Angostura top.  (Here's my first one which I wear a lot.)  I am almost finished the back.  Here's a rubbish photo:

It curls like a big curly thing at the sides, so I weighed it down with anything that was to hand.  I'm using Patons Pure Wool Crepe DK which came from my Granny.  This is what was left over from my Levenwick Cardigan.  It's more red in real life.
I absolutely love the cable on the back.  It is, without doubt, the most gorgeous cable I have ever seen.  And I don't mean that in an "admire my knitting skills" way, I mean it in an "Ysolda is a pattern-designing genius" way.

And here are my next four Smoothie Hats.

Happy knitting,

Lynne

7 comments:

  1. Your sweater looks fabulous! I agree about the cabling too. I'm a fan of cabling and keep meaning to learn how to do it without a cable needle. One of these days........!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Non-cable needle cabling frightens the life out of me! I'd been too scared that I'd drop lots of stitches. I'm going to stick to my safe cable needle, even if it is a bit of a faff. :)

      Delete
  2. oooohhh. That cable is stunning *heads off to look at the pattern!* Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's looking great. Look forward to seeing the finished project. Hope you have a good week. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am marvelling at your knitting skills. So clever! I also like the wonderful green lace you posted about earlier - it is beautiful....I'm feeling very knit-inspired by you - it all helps :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel sewing inspired with your blog, sadly I'm not that good at it!

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.