Sunday, 27 November 2011

FO: Selbu Modern

This beret has been in my queue for what feels like forever!  I don't know what took me so long to make it, because it's lovely.  Here's a link to the pattern on Ravelry.

I swatched it, and found it was going to turn out a bit too big for me.  So after some calculations, I cast on 110sts instead of 128, and increased to 168sts instead of 192, so I could do 7 pattern repeats instead of 8.


The white yarn is Debbie Bliss Rialto 4ply, and I had planned to use some Sublime  Yarns Baby Cashmere Merino Silk 4ply for the contrasting colour.  The colour I had was pale green, but it was too pale against the white, and I'd learnt my lesson on my Karin Kurbits Hat.  So I used the Woolcraft Superwash 4 ply I had left over.



I'm very pleased with it.  The pattern really is lovely, and I love how the decreases look at the crown.  They are all done within the flower pattern.
 

And because I always think it is interesting to see, here is a photo of the inside with all the stranding.


Have a good week,

Happy knitting!

Lynne

9 comments:

  1. I love this pattern. It's in my mental queue to complete one day, but not in my immediate future. Black and cream works so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous, well done! And so neat on the back too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love it. The pattern looks really great. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bow down to your amazing knitting! It looks so, so neat! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is stunning Lynne, so neat. I started to swatch for this one eons ago whilst also trying to master colourwork using both hands, so knitting continental for one of the colours. I just couldn't do it and gave up. I do so love this pattern though and may attempt it another time. Think I'll give the continental knitting a miss though, it nearly killed me from frustration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Awesome hat and such beautiful neat knitting. Very impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So neat and it looks stunning. Shame you only have one head :lol:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.