Saturday, 19 November 2011

FO: Levenwick Cardigan

Levenwick is finished!!  Here are some not-very-good photos of it on my dress form.


I'm really pleased with how it turned out as I wasn't so sure about it towards the end, but then I remembered the magic powers of blocking.  I am always amazed at "before and after" blocking photos of shawls.  So I washed it and pinned it out, and it's lovely! 


The yarn is Patons Pure Wool Crepe DK, which came from my Granny.  It's lovely, and, more importantly, machine washable.  I truly admire anybody who makes a cardigan or jumper from hand-wash only yarn.  I loath and despise hand-washing.  I stupidly forgot to weight it before I sewed the buttons on, so I don't know how much I used, but I have enough left for a tank top.  I feel another Angostura coming on.


Thank you all so much for your lovely comments about my skirt, they made my day!  Liz, I had intended to wear it now, and put it on on Thursday with a black jumper and tights, but it was too light and I was freezing.  But that could be a lot to do with the cough I have just now!  I'm doing a far impression of someone who smokes about 200 a day (I don't smoke at all - never have - honestly!!).  So I think I'll keep it to wear in the Spring.

And here are my next four Smoothie Hats.  The colours haven't shown up too well in the poor light.  I'm particularly pleased with the fairisle hearts one.  And I got a card from The Big Knit folks thanking me for this year's hats.


Have a good weekend!

Lynne

3 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely Levenwick! It looks thicker than DK - it must be the stitch pattern or maybe its the big buttons> Either way - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely - the big buttons are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, we just talked about you on our blog (http://www.stitchyarnandwoolneedle.it/en/2011/12/leven-what/), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gomitolis/133918840016286) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/Gomitolis).

    Bye bye,
    Gomitoli's

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.