Sunday, 4 September 2011

Plum Cabled Hat

I have matched action to word from my last post, and this morning I finished the Plum Cabled Hat.  Goodness me, this hat is great!  I foresee much wearing over the winter, and there are no itching issues. 

Here is a link to the pattern, it's a free one on Ravelry.  I changed one thing on it, which was the direction of the cables on Row 14.  I swapped the two cables around, so C2B was first and C2F was second.  I just liked the way it looked.

I appreciate it's a bit difficult to see the cables in the photos:
I have been attempting to make a cover for my sewing machine for a while now, and it's not going well.  This could have a lot to do with the fact that I am making it up as I go along - never a good idea.  I thought some bias tape would make a good edging for it, and this would also give me good experience in using bias tape.  I found a great tutorial on making continuous bias tape here.  I made some yesterday, and it went well, but I have discovered this afternoon that it is too narrow.  Argh! 

It is now going into the naughty corner/top of the printer to have a think about what it's done.  Thankfully I have enough fabric to make some more, but it was a fiddly job, so it may be left for a while.

So here are some things that were successful - my next four Smoothie Hats.


I know I've already shown you the crochet one, but isn't the wee froggy great?!  I found him on Ravelry here, and there is also a crochet version here.  The original pattern doesn't have arms for him, but I thought he looked a bit wrong without them, so I just made two more legs and sewed them on.  And, just because he's so great, here's a close-up of him!


 I have to say, I love this new version of Blogger, it's so much easier to use.  I just noticed it when I logged on to type this, although it could have been there for ages.

Happy knitting

Lynne

5 comments:

  1. I love your hat - so gorgeously purple! And the little frog hat is very cute!! How did you know you were using a new version of Blogger? I'm wondering if I'm missing out on something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat is fabulous and the little frog hat is adorable. Thanks for the link! Look forward to seeing your sewing machine cover when you do get around to finishing it. Have a good week. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josiekitten, when I went to start a new post there was pop-up box that asked me if I wanted to try the layout. It was about the top right of the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hat :) I'm not sure about the new Blogger layout, so I've gone back to the old one for the moment. Maybe I'll give the new version another try once the girls are back at school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the purple hat, would make a great christmas gift for my daughter, off to browse ravelry........again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.