Sunday, 25 September 2011

FO: Karin Kurbits Hat

My Karin Kurbits Hat is finished, and here it is:

Hindsight being the wonderful thing that it is, I really should have used a lighter shade of grey.  The purple about a third down from the top is quite dark, and difficult to see.

But that said, I'm very pleased with, and it fits well.  I didn't know how to block it, as I normally block my berets over a plate.  So after consulting Ravelry, I blocked it over a ballon.  A bit mad, but it worked!


The pattern was easy to follow, and I see the designer has another lovely hat called Edith The Hat that I could be very tempted by! 

But I have several hats and cardigans I want to make, so I've been doing some swatching.  I've done a swatch for Levenwick cardigan using some Patons yarn that came from my Granny; and I'm working on a swatch for Deco cardigan using Sirdar Country Style DK, and am also going to use this for a swatch for Audrey in Unst cardigan, and also Manu Cardigan.  I don't actually have any yarn for the last three, so then I'll have to make a trip to my LYS.  And we all know it's never a good idea to go to our LYS unsupervised... 

I also want to swatch for Selbu Modern beret which has been in my queue for ages, and I actually have the yarn for it.  Then after all those swatches, I'll probably cast-on something different entirely!

I've also been doing a bit of sewing, and have finished my sewing machine cover.  It's a bit pants, so don't look too closely.


I think the bias tape on the curved edges wasn't one of my better ideas.  But, more importantly, it fits over my sewing machine, and is much better than the plastic sheet I've been using for the last two and a half years.

I've also been making another skirt, but I'm only about half way through it, so more of it another time.


2 comments:

  1. I love this hat! Such a good way to show off the Mini Mochi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the subtle shading of the colours you've chosen for your hat and the Levenwick cardigan looks lovely. Gudrun Johnston's a designer whose patterns I've admired but never made -- maybe one day! I keep meaning to make a cover for my spinning wheel; I currently drape a sheet over it when it's not in use!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.