Sunday, 17 July 2011

I've been sewing

I have been threatening to make a bag for all my sewing stuff for quite some time, and, since I was off work this week, I did it. That, and the fact that my printer is broken, and I had to move all the sewing stuff off the top of it to try and fix it. Printer's still not working though. :(

Anyway, here it is:
It's based on a bag in the "Quilting in No Time" book I got for Christmas. The original bag has a round base, but it wouldn't have been big enough. So I made mine with a rectangle shaped base. I'm not overly happy with the handles, but the rest of it is brill (even if I say so myself!). There was a genius idea in the book for marking the stitching line for the actual quilting bit. It was to use masking tape, and it worked like a charm. I'll definitely use it again.

In true Blue Peter fashion, the flowery fabric is an old duvet cover swiped from my Mum and Dad; and the green fabric is a pillow case from Ikea. I have loads left, and for my next trick intend to make a cover for my sewing machine.

The inside is lined in the green fabric, here's a photo:
I'd already started to put stuff in it when I thought of taking a photo. There's a lot more stuff in it now, and it's fairly tidied up my desk!


I'm now about half way through the back of Angostura. The cable on the back is beautiful. I think I'll do a bit more of it tonight.


As mentioned in my last post, I have cast-on a sock. It's called Serpentine, and is from Socks from the Toe-Up by Wendy Johnston. I haven't done too much of it though, and don't have a photo of it.



And on Friday I finally made a proper effort to learn to crochet. I am now an expert on Extended Double Crochets; but I think that warrants a post of it's own.



Happy knitting,



Lynne



6 comments:

  1. Great bag. I like the masking tape idea, I must remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag, it looks really professionally sewn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely looking bag - you are getting so good with your sewing machine! You can never have too many bags in my view - for all those WIPs!!! I'm not a huge fan of toe up socks - I don't find that they fit as well as cuff down. Must be my feet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clever cable at the back of Angostura. Yours looks wonderful! This post made me add it to my queue (I already had it hearted).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bag. I agree about the rectangular base. I have a canvas bag for my knitting with a rectangular base. One day I plan to make one with pockets too. Love your fabulous knitted project too. Looks like a mega complicated design. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bag Ozzy! I've got that book too, but haven't spent much time looking at it - I think it's time I did :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.