Sunday, 15 May 2011

Hello all, I'm back in the land of the blogging with a shiney new keyboard. # I couldn't face doing battle with that laptop again. Thank you for your comments about Luke, He's now absolutely fine, and eating all round him.

They both went to the Vets last Saturday. They got their check-ups and vaccinations, but because they forgot (ahem) to go for their vaccinations last year, they have to go for more next Saturday. No-one is looking forward to this...

Here's a photo of them. Luke is the grey one, and Valentine is the white and ginger one. This was taken a few years ago, and it's a long time since I've seen them looking this angelic, so don't be fooled!

Back to the knitting, I finished this last week:
It's called Hera Head Band and is from Sock Yarn One Skein Wonders. I started it in green and cream yarn, but the colours were too varied and the pattern didn't show. And the chart absolutely did my head in, and I'm a big fan of charts! If this were someone's first introduction to charts, they'd probably never knit again. The knit and purl stitches were marked differently depending on whether it was a right or wrong side row. What's the point in that?! A knit is a knit, a purl is a purl! The row is immaterial! (End of rant!)

Thankfully I had brought the book into work, and enlarged the charts on the photocopier. Then, with my trusty pink highlighter, I marked all the knit stitches. This made life much easier.

I'm very pleased with it, and I think the cable pattern is lovely. There's no cabling involved though, you knit through the second stitch on the needle to cross the stitches over. Very clever. And it wasn't until I was loading up the photo that I realised the purple colour is right in the middle. That was a happy accident!

I've also been doing some sewing. I've been making little lavender bags:

The tutorial is
here. I have more to fill, but I ran out of lavender. And, yes, that is my lovely new keyboard!

And here are my next four Smoothie Hats:



I'm now off to do some ironing. Those cats should have had it done for me! Tut!





Happy knitting,





Lynne




6 comments:

  1. So pleased that Luke is ok. That's a lovely photo of them snuggled up together. I can't wait to have cats again! You should claim that your purple headband was good planning!! Seeing your hats has reminded me that I need to make a few this week. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! Glad Luke is fine. Both cats look gorgeous. Hope the contacts are a success! Love the headband and next installment of Innocent hats! Have a good week. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that Luke is ok. The photo of them both together is very adorable. I hated the optician the first time I went along. After my eye exam I was made to look out of the shop with what I can only describe as Joe Ninety plastic glasses that he fitted lenses into. I was mortified lol!
    I love the headband and the little hats are gorgeous. Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just 'found' you what adorable cats are they best friends? they look it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, your cats look so sweet asleep like that. Glad that Luke is fine now.

    Your eyesight sounds as bad as mine. I used to wear contacts till the kids came along. This was before disposeable lenses and I didn't really have the time for all that kerfaffle with solutions and stuff. Not when you had 3 kids aged 5 and under. I'm so used to wearing glasses now but I may ask next time I get my eyes tested.

    The hats looks lovely as does the headband and lavender sachets :)

    Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to make an optician's appointment. I'm very short-sighted, but now I'm in my mid-40s and seem to have inherited my mother's poor eyesight, my last set of contact lenses had what my optician very nicely called "a bit of reading help". This time round, I think even he'll have to use the word bifocal!

    I share your irritation about non-standard knitting charts as well. I'm sure designers think they're being helpful a lot of the time, but usually it just ends up complicating things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.