Sunday, 27 February 2011

Progress

There was much rejoicing in the Blackbeard household yesterday because, after two failed attempts, the new dishwasher was delivered! Hurray!!! The old (and not very good one) finally gave up the ghost at the end of January, so I ordered a new one in Currys. I won't bore you with the details, suffice to say there were "issues". So I ordered one from a local shop called Dalzell's, who delivered it yesterday morning with no problems. The moral of the story is "support local businesses"!

I have also fallen out with my tank top. I was going great guns when all the cable sections (there are four) were the same, but now I have two different charts to work from. I clearly can't watch television, concentrate on two charts, follow increase rounds and remember where I left my cable needle all at the same time. :(

Here's how it's looking at the minute, but I'm going to frog back to the top of the ribbing.


There are some very dodgy increases at the back, and some of the cables went wrong. I did fix them, but I'd rather do it again properly, and I've somehow managed to be a row out on the pattern. I have no idea how that happened! Obviously it will have to spend some time in the naughty corner though.
So last night I brought the kitchen steps upstairs, and had a poke about in the top of the hot press for some lovely sock yarn. It's called Lucia by Posh Yarn, and it's gorgeous. Citron has been in my queue for a while, and I had this yarn in mind for it. Here's what I've done so far:


This pattern is lovely, and really easy to follow. I'm using 4mm needles, and I love how the colours are turning out. The shade is called Sweetpea, and it's just lovely. When I untwisted the skein, the colours were so nice I decided to take a photo. Unfortunately I couldn't be bothered to walk allllll the way upstairs to get the camera (!) so took a rubbish one on my phone.

It could inspire me to do some dyeing. I've done a little bit of dyeing before with Kool Aid, but I'd like to give it another try. If only I didn't have to go to that pesky place called Work, I'd have lots of time to experiment!

Happy knitting,

Lynne

PS, I've also done about half of the foot of the second Circles sock.

4 comments:

  1. I hate it when projects have to go to the naughty corner, especially ones as pretty as that as it looks great but I'll believe you that the errors are there!

    The Posh Yarns is GORGEOUS. I occasionally have a look on the website but have never attempted to make a purchase. Citron is in my queue as well but I have some kidsilk haze lined up for it.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing worse than frogging back, I find it so frustrating when that happens. I try not to have anything too complicated on the telly if I'm doing complicated lace or cables.

    I too have Citron in my queue but haven't bought any yarn for it yet. I haven't quite decided what to do it in. Yours is starting to look nice in the Posh Yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the arrival of the dishwasher! I shall follow your Citron with interest, as I'd quite like to make it too. Sorry to hear you've got to do some frogging - I always think it's better to get the frogging over and done with, and then put the project out of the way for a while!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh! I love the colour of the posh yarn it's lovely. I hate when I have to put knits in the naughty corner too. I have one project that I'm working on that requires so much counting that I keep having to tell my O/H to shut up and stop talking to me. lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.