Saturday, 1 January 2011

Happy New Year

I hope everybody had a lovely Christmas and New Year! My Christmas dinner was the best ever. Seriously! The best bits were the stuffing, the roast potatoes and the pavlova. Mmmm....

The snow has finally gone here. Woo-hoo! It started to thaw on Boxing Day, the washing machine was still frozen, and then the pipe that runs into the garage burst! Disaster!! The pipe is under a flag stone outside, and the garage got a bit flooded, but it could have been worse because at least it wasn't in the house. Mr BB had to lift the flag stone, and M and DIL's neighbour's son (who is a plumber) came and fixed it. So now the washing machine is working. Result!

My sister also had a burst pipe in her hall, but Dad caught it early and fixed it. Phew!! We've been very lucky that we haven't lost our water supply. We haven't even been off for a few hours. The whole business with NI Water has been awful, it's like a third world country here!

Anyway, I have to show my great crafty christmas pressies. Here they are:



I got "Quilting In No Time
", which has 50 different quilting projects. I'm going to start with some simple coasters, and maybe the pin cushion on the cover. I also got a skein of Malabrigo Worsted, but more of that later. And my sister got me Monkey. Her BF had got one free with his teabags, and my sister and I became quite obsessed with it! He said it was a rubbish present, but I thought it was the best one!

Want to see what I did with the Malabrigo? Here it is:



The pattern is called Brambles. It was wound before I left the house for my Christmas dinner, and started when I was at the table! My MIL (who is also a knitter) only stopped to "ooohh" over the yarn. It was finished on Boxing Day.

And here are my next four
Innocent Smoothie Hats.



And now I've started another hat for myself! It's called
Mayrose by Woolly Wormhead. I've only done the band, so I don't have a progress pic yet.

Happy knitting!

Lynne

4 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased to hear that you didn't have to go without water - I was wondering how you were getting on! Some lovely presents. I bought a skein of Malabrigo to make the same Brambles beret. You got yours knitted up pretty fast! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you've had a great Christmas. You received some lovely presents. I really like the hat! Happy New Year to you! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pressies, I have that monkey too! Actually I also have a Brambles beret in Malabrigo worsted! I'm glad you have water and your burst pipe didn't cause too much disruption or damage, my mum has had two and is stuck at our house as she can't get a plumber out to it at the moment, not fun for her!

    Hope 2011 is wonderful for you.

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just caught up with you OzzyBB. Love your presents, love your Brambles Beret too! Have you had a chance to look at your quilting book in any detail? I'd love to have a go, and I've been eyeing this book up. Do you think it's any good for a total beginner?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.