Sunday, 5 December 2010

Peaks Island Hood and Crimbo Deccies

Peaks Island Hood



This was finished on Friday. Here it is in all it's loveliness,

This isn't a great photo of the colour, it's brighter in real life. The "in progress" photo on my last post shows the real colour.

Crimbo Deccies


I found these two patterns on Ravelry (here and here - not Ravelry links) for wee stockings and teddies to hang on the Christmas tree. Well, I have loads of 4ply and they're so cute, I had to make some. Here's what I've done so far:



Well, I've done another stocking, but I don't have a photo of it. The wee bear could be better, I pulled the neck in at the wrong place; but it's a learning curve. I'm going to make two more bears, and they can go on the tree when it goes up next weekend.

On the snow front: it's still here. Grrr.... We had some more on Friday, but nothing is thawing. My street is like an ice rink, and the bin lorry couldn't get in. I am now officially fed up with it. But I appreciate that most places have been a lot worse than here! Hope everybody is safe and staying warm.

Happy knitting,

Lynne


2 comments:

  1. Your little tree decs are very cute. The Peak Island Hood looks great! Doesn't it feel good when you finish a project ;-) Have a great week. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree decs are lovely, I've knit the stocking pattern but not the little bear (though I've had my eye on it!) very cute indeed :)

    The peaks island hood is very scrummy and my favourite colour, hope it keeps you warm against the snow! Ours hasn't really thawed yet either and it's very slippery.

    Have a lovely week
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.