There hasn't been much done in the way of knitting or blogging around here lately, because, as my Dad would say, I haven't had time to look out of my eyes!
We've been re-decorating, and the place has been upside-down. Mr BB and I were off last week and first of all the back bedroom got re-papered. I had stripped all the old woodchip paper off the week before, and my Dad re-papered it last week. Dad is now offically THE BEST!!!! :)
The room now has one green wall and three cream walls, and it's gorgeous (even if I say so myself!). I picked green to go with the green curtains I'd made a few years ago. It was lovely flowery material I got in the sale in John Lewis when I was visiting my chum who lives in England.
So obviously everything had to come out of the back bedroom. This was the scary part, because it's all my stuff! It was piled everywhere - clothes, shoes and bags in the living room, boxes and boxes (and boxes) of wool in the front bedroom, and random furniture in the bathroom, box room and landing.
Then the night it was finished and everything returned to it's rightful place, the kitchen was emptied into the living room, because the new worktops were coming on Friday. But everything is now back to normal, and the worktops are gorgeous too. :)
It was a great excuse for a clear out though, and lots of things went to the charity shop and the dump.
I did manage to get a little bit of knitting done though in the moments when I was no use during two plumbing issues. I have finished the centre part of my Hap Blanket. I started this a while ago. This photo is the nearly finished centre part. I now have to do the edging. It will look a lot better than this when it's finished, honest!
I finally got around to taking a photo of the Aviator Hat I talked about in my last blog. I'm not really feeling the love for it though. I think it's a bit too big for my wee head because it sits a bit pointy and weird at the crown.
And I finished my Woolly Wormhead Mystery KAL Pattern B hat, even though I didn't get the last bit of the pattern printed until a few days after it come out because the printer was buried under a pile of stuff! Here it is:
It's so lovely!
As I was waiting for some photos to load on here and on Ravelry, I started a swatch for a Peaks Island Hood. This is the second one I'll have done, this one will be in green Malabrigo Worsted to go with my lovely green winter coat. I hope I can knit it quickly, because I could do with it right now! Brrrr...