Sunday, 9 May 2010

Neep Heid Beret, Pin Cushion and Socks

Neep Heid Beret

I finished this last week. It's the Neep Heid beret I mentioned in a previous post.  I'm really pleased with it, but the fairisle in the round was a bit of a faff. There are some more photos on my Ravelry page, I meant to take some modelled photos yesterday, but I forgot. I'll take some during the week, and put them on my Rav page.



I came across this pin cushion pattern on the Phoenix Forum.  I made it with some left-over DK, and it's stuffed with toy stuffing. It was really quick and easy to make, and is very useful.



Socks



I finished my second pair of socks got finished on Friday night. I LOVE them! Socks are definitely my new obsession! I've gone from "what's the point?" to "I'll probably have a sock OTNs all the time".

I've been attempting to knit Liesl by Ysolda. It's not going well. I'm having issues with the gauge, and what size to make. :(   To cheer myself up I cast on this:

I'm calling it "OXO Socks". I saw similar socks on Rav, so decided to give it a go. I'm using Zitron Trekking XXL.

It was a lovely day yesterday here in Belfast (today is overcast), so Mr Blackbeard and I went to Knockagh Monument in Carrickfergus. It's a WW1/WW2 monument. It's up on the hills above north Belfast. The view is amazing, you can see all along the North Down coast from Bangor to Belfast, then along the South Antrim coast from beyond Carrickfergus down to Belfast. Away in the distance on the left you can see Scotland, and on the right you can see the Mournes. Here's the view to the right, towards Belfast.

This is looking down into Belfast, with the centre of Belfast being at the end of the water (which is Belfast Lough). The mountains in the distance are the Mournes.




2 comments:

  1. Some lovely things you've been making! The pin cushion is very cute - I shall have to investigate the pattern. Your fairisle work is so neat! Another great beret! I think all us sock knitters knew that once you'd made your first pair, you'd be hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word, you've been busy! I love the Fairisle beret.... such pretty colours! Lots of pretty socks too. I especially like the OXO's. Have a great week! Ros

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.