Saturday, 17 April 2010

Socks and Hats

My socks are finally finished, and I think Sockitis may have struck! I take back every bad thing I ever said about knitting socks. I honestly don't think I've ever been so pleased with a FO! I feel so proud of myself for making them.  I can see a few fitting issues with them, but it's a learning curve.

I finished them on Sunday, and have been off work this week. One of my jobs was a huge clear out; so on Monday, after three runs to the dump and two charity shops, I treated myself to a trip to the LYS - Jean's Wool Shop on the Cregagh Road in Belfast. This is what I bought.


I had also ordered a book on Amazon called Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd. So I'm having a go at a 3x1 ribbed sock now. I love the how the colours change in this.

On the Beret front, I finished the spiral beret I was talking about in my last post. Here it is. I ended up using two balls for it, but only used a tiny bit of the second one.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, especially as I sort of made it up. But as the weather's getting better, it got put away with all the winter clothes this afternoon.

I dyed the wool for the Neep Heid Beret, and it's looking lovely, but I don't have a photo of it. I attempted to cast it on yesterday, but it's an I-Cord cast-on, which I haven't a clue how to do, so I'll have to look it up. Also I haven't even started with the green beret I had planned. All I've managed to do is dig the yarn out from under the bed! I have had a very busy week though, what with the big clear out, tidying up the garden and getting a fabby new front door.  Sadly I have to go back to work on Monday, boo!

1 comment:

  1. Love the socks! There's no going back now you know! I like the Trekking yarn you bought - they always knit up well, and come in lovely colour ranges! And as for your beret - it's so colourful. Berets definitely suit you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.