Friday, 12 March 2010

Waves Innocent Smoothie Hat


Waves Innocent Smoothie Hat
 
 

Needles: 4mm
Yarn: DK

MC - Main colour (I used blue)
CC - Contrast colour (I used pink)

Cast on 32 sts

Knit 2 rows in MC

Row 1 - Knit 1 row in MC

Row 2 - P1 in CC, * P3 in MC, P2 in CC, P1 in MC, * repeat to 1 st before end, P1 in CC

Row 3 - K1 in CC, * K1 in CC, K2 in MC, K1 in CC, K2 in MC, * repeat to 1 st before end, K1 in CC

Row 4 - P1 in CC, * P1 in MC, P2 in CC, P1 in MC, P1 in CC, P1 in MC, * repeat to 1 st before end, P1 in CC

Row 5 - K1 in CC, * K3 in MC, K3 in CC, * repeat to 1 st before end, K1 in CC

Row 6 - P1 in CC, * P4 in CC, P1 in MC, P1 in CC, * repeat to last st, P1 in CC

Row 7-12 - Continue in stocking stitch in CC

K2TOG across row in MC (16 sts)
P2TOG across row in MC (8 sts)
K2TOG across row in MC (4 sts)

I-Cord - Work 6 rows of I-Cord (transfer the stitches from the right to the left needle, pulling the yarn tight and knitting them again).
K2TOG x 2 (as in I-Cord) pass right stitch over left and pull yarn through the last stitch; seam.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at you getting a head start on these! I'm very impressed. I meant to do a few each month, so it's not such a rush come September, but it hasn't happened yet! Love your design - I shall use it when I finally get my act together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm really not that organised, I wanted to have more of these done! I have another one to blog, but I'll do it on Wednesday - there's a reason why! ;) I'm having trouble with putting spaces in between the lines on this blog post. I'll have a better look at it later.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.