Wednesday, 17 March 2010

St Paddy's Shamrock Innocent Smoothie Hat

The Big Knit

St Paddy's Shamrock Hat

 
Happy St Patrick's Day one and all! I thought I'd made a shamrock hat in honour of my favourite patron saint. He drove all the snakes from Ireland (North and South!) and gets me a day off work. What more could you ask of a patron saint?!

Needles: 4mm
Yarn: DK
G: Green
W: White

Cast on 33 sts

Knit 2 rows in green

Row 1: *K5 in W, K1 in G, K5 in W, *Repeat to end

Row 2: *P5 in W, P1 in G, P5 in W, * Repeat to end

Row 3: *K2 in W, K2 in G, K1 in W, K1 in G, K1 in W, K2 in G, *Repeat to end

Row 4: *P3 in W, P5 in G, P3 in W, *Repeat to end

Row 5: *K2 in W, K7 in G, K2 in W, * Repeat to end

Row 6: *P4 in W, P3 in G, P4 in W, * Repeat to end

Row 7: *K4 in W, K3 in G, K4 in W, * Repeat to end

Row 8: *P4 in W, P1 in G, P1 in W, P1 in G, P4 in W, *Repeat to end

Row 9: Knit row in W
Row 10: Purl row in W
Row 11: Knit row in W
Row 12: Purl row in W

Change to G-
K2TOG to last 3 sts, K3TOG (16 sts)
P2TOG to end (8 sts)
K2TOG to end (4 sts)

I-Cord - Work 6 rows of I-Cord (transfer the stitches from the right to the left needle, pulling the yarn tight and knitting them again)
K2TOG x 2 (as in I-Cord) pass right stitch over left and pull the yarn through the last stitch. Seam.

2 comments:

  1. Happy St Paddy's day! Hope you've supped plenty of Guinness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one very cute 'smoothie' hat! Ros

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time :) Lynne.